Sunday, September 01, 2013

DC's Guest

Oh, DC.  I miss you.  Every time I reminisce about the Capitol Hill days or the Georgetown days, I get nostalgic.  The trouble is I don't know that I'd trade New York for you right now.  I'm happy where I am.  But I also love the life I had before.
 
In June and July I made several quick visits to DC.  Ben was there during June for work.  In July, his older brother's family moved back to town for a year.  I babysat their kids while they moved into their new house.  I have loved visiting DC this year, but it is a bit strange to technically be a guest.
 
 Family run around the monuments - something we should have done more often when we lived there
 
I brought Jack-Jack down to DC one of the weekends so he could see Ben before he started travelling.  We went back to our dog park and learned that Gregory, a regular at the park passed away.  He was such a good man.  He had two pit bulls - Rocky and Major -  and he knew everyone and their dog by name.  I wish more people in the world were as friendly and caring as Gregory was.

 Jack-Jack let everyone at the vet's office know that he did not like getting his shots.  It took three people to hold down a 12 pound dog before he gave in.  Feisty dog...

 ...all was well once he received a reward (Dairy Godmother dog treat)

 Kevin Durant launched his new shoe one of the weekends I was in town, which meant I was in heaven.  Since he's from DC, the Georgetown Nike store served as the flagship for the launch. 

 As an early birthday celebration for yours truly, we met up with some of our favorite friends.

 Ben's last meal... before he got a stomach bug / food poisoning for the next three weeks


 Walking around the MLK memorial
 
 Hanging with Tiger and Stella
 


No comments: