My brother Jeff is in town visiting this week. We're trying to make sure he gets a taste of "real New York" while he's here - it's not all fun and games and the Statue of Liberty - so he's been joining us for some of our routine outings. Last night, we had fun grocery shopping at 10 pm. Tonight he joined us for our post-dinner walk to the dog park. Jack-Jack had fun at the park, and also learned a new trick of doing a jump/pull up to get out of the small park into the big park. It was pretty incredible. Sadly, we couldn't get a good video of his trick since it was dark.
Anyway, on our walk back from the park, Jack-Jack met several new dogs along the way, including a big boxer. I did the usual back and forth banter with the lady who owned him, including exchanging details about dog breeds. I've seen plenty of boxers at the dog park, and this one had a different look to him. I pointed out that his ears were higher than most boxers, and then asked why he looked different. Her response:
"He's a show dog.
...
A champion.
...
That's why he's different."
And then she and her dog continued their walk without saying anything else. Now that's New York.
![]() |
| Best in Show |
"He's a show dog.
...
A champion.
...
That's why he's different."
And then she and her dog continued their walk without saying anything else. Now that's New York.

1 comment:
I love your stories. Now I just need to remember to check this since you are private.
Sounds like you're having fun with Jeff! We miss you guys.
Post a Comment