Ben and I returned to DC last weekend. It was our first time returning since we left in December. The visit was partially for business, mainly for fun. We had a blast catching up with friends and visiting some of our favorite spots in Capitol Hill. We also spent some time with our replacement (my brother Jeff moved to the DC area in January). We have barely been away (~3 months), so by the end of the weekend it almost felt like we had never left.
Our visit reminded me of why it was hard to leave, but also why it was good that we're embarking on a new adventure. Living different places has taught me that there is good everywhere. I try not to compare places because Idaho will never be DC, New York will never be Idaho, DC will never be London/New York, and so on. Rather than comparing places and people to things they are not, I've learned to appreciate strengths. That being said, if I could take the friends from my old homes, the mountains from Idaho, and move them all to the city that has everything (New York), I would do it in a heartbeat.
Questions of the Day: Now that DC is my new Idaho, does that make Idaho heaven?

1 comment:
I love your perspective of always enjoying wherever you are at and appreciating what is close by.
Post a Comment