Saturday, February 18, 2012

Remember the Squirrels

Love is... planning a great Valentine's Day AND reminding me that this past year included the most thrilling animal adventure of our marriage.
Ben's card to me

Notice that he edited the card to be a play on"I love you still," a phrase he used say to in all seriousness and now pulls out it jest. I always thought it was a funny thing to say since, to me (but not him), "still" implies there was uncertainty about how long the love would last.

Of course, my favorite way to express love is to say "I love you a little more today." Ben claims this implies that I love him less the other days, to which I respond that the curve is always increasing and today's spike cannot affect yesterday's love.

I'm sure the blogosphere would agree that I'm right about this one.

2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

You guys are hilarious. This really made me laugh. Glad you still love each other more a little each day.

llcall said...

Love that card! I think you have a strong point about the curve, Andrea. However, I have to admit that I am not quite in the "love you more" camp. I'm not sure what it says about my love for Neal, but it was pretty dang powerful right at the beginning, and I don't know that I feel like I love him more now. But I think I am outlier on this one, or so it seems. Also, I love you still too.