After our quick tour of Maui, we spent a week in Kauai with Ben's parents. As always, we had a great time on Ben's favorite island on earth. It was also a treat to spend so much quality time with the original Blaylocks.

The happy travelers

Jack-Jack stayed behind for this trip, but we thought of him often. We found a funny book of dogs dressed up in costumes; this was our favorite one.
Collecting sea glass on a rainy day.

We found a random/eery/cool Japanese grave just up the road from the sea glass beach.
We went on a couple different hikes, including a beach hike along the Maha'ulepu trail. A view of the hikers (above)
The hikers' view
We also went for a hike in Waimea Canyon along the Cliff Trail. I was not a fan of the cliff, but otherwise it's a great trail.

At the end of the trail there were two waterfalls where we stopped for a quick swim.
Ben, all tatted up. Most people probably don't know this, but Ben is quite the fan of (temporary) tattoos. He likes the look, especially of tribal tattoos, but would never commit to lifelong body art. Every time we go to Hawaii he gets a henna tattoo, which lasts for 1-2 weeks. He got this tattoo on our last night in Maui and accidentally fell asleep before washing off the ink. When he woke up in the morning, the design had spread to his hands and neck. I was amused.FOOD APPENDIX (yes, we ate enough treats for an appendix):

Purple sweet potato pie from the "Pie Lady." Of all the pie we tried, this was the least tasty but most unique.
Banana Joe's frozen fruit blend.

Last but not least, our favorite hot dog stand: Puka Dog.
4 comments:
Lucky! The scenery is gorgeous and the food looks yummy. I'm glad that you had another awesome trip to dreamy Hawaii.
Where's the pic of Ben with the ink on his hands and neck? I feel cheated!
I know! The post over promises, but sadly I never got a good picture of the ink on Ben's hands/arm/face before it faded.
So awesome! I have to admit that I was a little nervous about how you would like Hamura Saimen. I mean, after all the hype, there was a big chance for disappointment over Ramen noodles. Looks like that there is no denying that it is amazing though. :) What a fabulous trip! Looks like you guys had fun.
Post a Comment