My favorite band is at it again! Beirut released its third full album, "The Rip Tide," earlier this month. It's like Christmas in July for me, or better yet, like every holiday combined in August. You can listen to the album in its entirety here. Thank you, NPR.My favorite songs on the album are Santa Fe, Vagabond, and Port of Call.
Could this news get any better? Yes, it can! Like every other band with a recently released album, Beirut is going on tour to promote the new tunes. And they are so. good. live. Sadly, Beirut isn't stopping in DC. So, I did what any reasonable fan would do and bought tickets for the Richmond AND Philly shows. I'll probably end up selling one set of the tickets, but wanted to play it safe. While I'm sad that my favorite season is on the verge of ending, I'm now eagerly looking forward to October and November. Bring on fall; bring on Beirut!
No comments:
Post a Comment