Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Concert I've Been Waiting For...

Ben and I went to Philly Friday night to see Beirut (the band). I should explain that Beirut is my favorite band of all time, and I've been wanting to watch them live since March of 2007 when I first discovered their tunes. Ben is also a fan. We tried to get tickets to the soldout DC show, but trekked to Philadelphia for the concert once DC tix didn't pan out.

It's unreal how good they are live. I'll spare everyone the details, for fear of using too many "!'s." Needless to say, Beirut met and exceeded all live performance expectations that had built over the last two years.

In case you haven't heard Beirut before (chances are, you haven't), follow this link to check 'em out. Best Balk folk/Parisian cafe music you'll ever find.

Beirut live @ the Electric Factory in Philadelphia

Trippy picture...but here we are. We scoped out front row SEATS on the balcony, and were glad that we weren't standing for three hours, unlike the peeps on the ground floor.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Andrea,

I bet that was a way cool concert. Every now and then I get on youtube and listen to the Nantes song over and over and over again...kind of get addicted. I would say it is one of my favorites. I love the drummer guy's facial expression and the fact that he is drumming on garbage cans. Where are these guys from? I am amazed at their musical talent!