Springtime is a lot of people's favorite time of the year in DC, and the Cherry Blossom Festival is arguably the best part of a DC spring. I've lived in DC for almost five years now and I've never been to see the cherry blossoms. I mean I've "seen" the cherry blossoms before - they're all over town, you can't miss them - but I've never made the official trek down to the Tidal Basin to SEE the cherry blossoms. This year we not only saw the cherry blossoms, but we did it in style on an early morning bike ride. Our neighbors invited us to join them on a 6 am weekend bike ride. What a great idea! Seriously. It was a leisurely 10 mile ride down to the tidal basin, around the tidal basin, around Haynes Point, and home. I LOVED it! It was the perfect start to the morning, and the sun hit the blossoms just right.
3 comments:
1. i cannot believe this was your first cherry blossom, tidal basin trip! but you have been to kenwood, right?!
2. your comments about a 6am bike ride make me wanna die.
3. i love hains point--i have many a picture of me in the clutches of that big ole hand.
that's it for now. carry on.
Wow. Gorgeous!
I'm sure the blossoms were beautiful, but the thing that I'm interested in is your bike. I'm way behind the times, the last time I bought a bike, I was 19 years old...seriously, and I still use it. But I'm intrigued by yours, what is it? I just got a rockin' bike trailer for the kids and am now thinking I want a new bike to go with my awesome trailer, and I keep telling myself, this is all okay because I'm goin' green man...I'm goin' green!
Post a Comment