Ben and I went to Hawaii with his parents last week and got back into town Monday night. I'm still having trouble adjusting to DC time almost a week later, so here I am blogging after midnight.
Our week on the island was the perfect vacay and just the break from the city life that we needed. I've been missing the beach and laid back lifestyle ever since we left Kauai.
Without further ado, here's an excessive amount of photos from the week.

Ben tried out the locals new favorite sport: paddle boarding. It's all the rage these days and was quite popular on Kalapaki Bay, where we stayed.

We took surfing lessons, and this is the only photo proof I have. The three small dots in the upper left-hand corner are me, Ben, and our surf instructor. I absolutely got pummeled (and then re-pummeled about five times as I was trying to get back to our instructor) the first time I tried to catch the wave. After successfully riding a wave on my second try, I was officially hooked.

Snorkeling in Lawai

A dinosaur! It's like Jurassic Park all over agin.

Hiking in the north

The end goal of the hike: a view of the Napoli Coast. This photo doesn't do it justice, compared to other photos I've seen.

The Secret Falls

One of the many other waterfalls we saw

Golfing, Kauai style. During a hurricane in the early 90s, chickens were scattered all over the island. They are everywhere. I think it would be a fun experiment to strap tracking devices on a few chickens and see just how far they travel.

A beach sighting of our feathered friends

Eying the put.

I had never golfed before, so I was much more natural behind the wheel than on the green. But, it was satisfying to take up two new sports in the same day - golfing and surfing.

Drinking salt/boogie boarding

Puka Dogs! I've heard so much over the years about Ben's favorite hot dogs, and they did not disappoint. The coconut relish was to die for. I think we ate there three times for lunch.

The view at dinner

Puka Dogs:Ben::fresh sea food:Andrea

Sunset

On our last day, Ben and I drove up to the canyon on the dry side of the island. Here's the view down about half way up.

Waimea Canyon

The other side of the Napoli Coast and our last time at the beach. By the end of trip, we had literally been all around the island, with the exception of the Napoli Coast. What a week, what an island!
3 comments:
Wow! The pictures are awesome!! -Steve
Oooo...I love Kauai! Those pictures are beautiful. It looks like wherever you had dinner was just so perfect! And I love the Puka (sp?) dog place. Nummy nummy. I told my mom you guys were there the same week and she said, "Oh, you should have told me. I would have gone and knocked on their door." Can you imagine? I love my mom. :) I'm so glad you had fun. Oh, and nothing like all the millions of random chickens everywhere huh?!
Lucky! It looks like your Hawaii trip was a blast!
Post a Comment