Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Foodie Inside

A recent dream/goal of mine has been to start my own food blog. I realize I’m hardly a foodie – I will eat practically anything (no turned up nose here) and dine out probably less than once a month. However, I love to cook and want a place where I can collect my favorite recipes, go on about my favorite food products, post quotes from my favorite Foodtv personalities, and rehash the success stories of my kitchen. A food blog would service this purpose well.

Even though I’d like to act on this idea sooner rather than later, I’ve decided the best time for me to start this blog is when I’m 30. At that point, I should be fully immersed in dinner parties, menu planning, and the like. Plus, I need to master updating one blog before I try to manage two. So, for the time being, this blog will sporadically play host to my food/cooking related thoughts.

My current food kick is homemade sorbet and ice cream. I haven’t really made any yet, but I’ve researched it, and I’m about to make more sorbet/ice cream than dinner guests can handle. You could say my next food kick is about to kick off. The other night we went to friend’s place for dinner where I had the most incredible dessert after a most tasty meal. A coworker has already asked for the almond tart recipe based on my testimonial alone. And I’m still thinking about the pear sorbet. I’ve wanted an ice cream maker for quite sometime, but, man, that pear sorbet pushed me over the edge. Ben apparently sensed how much I wanted, no needed, the ice cream maker attachment for my KitchenAid and surprised me with it on Tuesday night. I was tickled! I don’t even want to eat that much the sorbet/ice cream; I just want to make it.

Looking for the perfect ice cream recipe to christen my ice cream maker with, I turned to one of my favorite dessert centric food blogs – Cannelle et Vanille. And look at what I found! So many tasty sorbet/ice cream treats and variations, I don’t even know where to begin.

2 comments:

llcall said...

I wish I had your passion for food. Despite that, you can count me as a future reader of your blog...if we still know each other when you're 30, I mean. That's a long way away! :)

Marilyn said...

Andrea,
Making ice cream/sorbet sounds like fun...maybe something we could do at the family get-together.:)