Let's begin with London. I went back for my spring break the first week in March. What a FANTASTIC visit. I felt like the guest of honor in a city that has no shortage of guests. I was hesitant to return for many reasons, mainly because I exited so triumphantly last May, but am so glad that I did. I always need a return journey, not just an initial journey, to extract full meaning from an experience.
Arriving in London and ready to greet the queen-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KNIGHTSBRIDGE DINNER PARTY
Before:
Before:
After:
In Between:
Burned, raw angel hair pasta. Things got a bit hectic (entertaining, really) with too many cooks in the kitchen. Don't worry, everything tasted delicious in the end.
The Christmas tree only added to the vibe-----------------------------------------------------
BOROUGH MARKET


Will, the gentle American giant, buying flowers-------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTERNOON TEA PARTY - SACHA'S BIRTHDAY
Nathaniel, everyone's favourite Brit, teaching us how to properly hold a tea cup. Apparently, you don't point your pinky up. Who knew. He's always been very good about teaching me British tricks/pointing out my incorrect Americanisms.
Amelia and Lucien graciously treated us to the Shanghai Blues Cafe. Remember them from last year?----------------------------------------------------------------
Some of us returned to the beloved Rosebery hall one night to eat dinner in the canteen and roam around our old stomping grounds. Ah, so many fond memories of hearty British food and endless dinner conversation.Stay tuned, coming next: Leez Priory, a day at the family manor






No comments:
Post a Comment