LOVED-LOVED the US Open. During our subway ride to Flushing Meadows, I talked with a lady who told me the experience was much like going to Disneyland for the first time. It's true. It took us probably around two hours to even make it to our seats in the stadium because there were so many exciting side activities taking place on the grounds. We watched a woman's singles match between Israel and the Czech Republic (names too hard to pronouce or remember). James Blake was on afterwards, but we didn't really see much of his match since he started after 10 pm and we had to meet friends back in the city. From this point forward, I plan to attend at least one US Open session per year as long as I'm living in this country. Let me know if anyone is interested in joining the tradition.

Heading for some tennis. Go American flags.

Approaching the grounds...

Leaving the Open....

Any tennis fan's dream


The faithful fans

On our way in Heineken gave us free hats, which we put to good use throughout the evening (see above and below).


Ben's trading card

Matt's trading card

With Yuhi by the entrance

Our view of the city from Arthur Ashe stadium.
2 comments:
Wow, I'm glad you're back to your regular, non-stop action packed life. Aren't you glad your mom didn't throw those US open tickets away? I saw Mama Mia in New York too. It's fun and crazy huh? So I didn't get to see you at the closing bell thingy. Is there a way to look it up online or anything that you know of?
Sooo glad she didn't throw the tickets away. I thought you had seen Mama Mia! I love Abba, so I loved the musical. See the post above about the closing bell clip. I'm working on securing video...
Post a Comment