Saturday, July 28, 2007

Love for the City of Brotherly Love

I attended a Lincoln Financial intern development session on Tuesday and Wednesday of this past week. What was a business trip on paper turned out to be a lovely holiday, too.

I took all of these photos during my Tuesday morning tour before I headed to the office at 1 pm. I walked from 30th street station to the hotel to Penn's Landing and back, mainly staying on Market St., but taking a few detours along the way. The Greensboro interns and I had some time Wednesday evening before our flight departed, so we headed to UPenn and toured Wharton. You know, just in case. We also checked out the Philadelphia Culinary Arts School (culinary arts school will be my tri-life crisis at 30, if I have one) and bumped into Cereality while near Penn's campus. What a cool business idea! I sadly didn't have my camera to document the Wednesday touring, but at least you have links.

Anyway, here's a taste of my version of 36 hours in Philly.

I'm not sure if I just loved being a tourist and in an urban setting again or if I loved Philly for Philly. Regardless, I had a fantastic time.

Penn's Landing

Independence Mall

Had I been born two days earlier on our nation's Independence Day, story has it, my name would've been Liberty An. So, the pic seemed necessary.

Rick's, where I had a cheesesteak-- with onions, wiz.


One of the many churches throughout the city. This one happened to be across the street from the Sofitel where we stayed. Speaking of the Sofitel, man alive, that was *THE* most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.


Ah, London.

At last! I finally stepped inside of a Wawa. If you've ever met someone from Philly or done a case study or two, you've probably heard of the chain. As requested, I returned with gifts from the North, ie tasteycakes from Wawa, when I went back to work on Thursday.

Beautiful.

Art.

Also Beautiful/my current desktop wallpaper.

1 comment:

Rachel B. said...

All your adventures amaze me. We were all just talking about it last night. Your hair looks way cute at that length. We're excited to see you tomorrow night!