Thursday, July 19, 2007

Nothing says par-tay like cake day

Sometimes my life this summer feels like a surreal TV show to the point that I just can’t take it seriously. By day I’m part of the ongoing filming of BBC/NBC’s “The Office” and by night it’s all about Talladega Nights and the South’s version of Napoleon Dynamite.

Yesterday my colleagues and I all received a “high priority” email regarding the beloved cake day that took place about an hour ago now. Huy, another intern who arrived three weeks after everyone else and thus missed the June cake day, asked oh, so innocently what cake day was. I emailed him this link and said it should explain everything he needed to know about the event. And, really, it’s all anyone needs to know about Corporate America cake days. Needless to say, I’ve yet to make it through Lincoln’s monthly celebration without smirking or having Elaine’s “get well, get well soon, we want you to get well” song run through my head at least once. Thanks, Seinfeld.

Anyway, as of this morning’s July Birthday Cake Day Celebration (at 9:30 AM!), it’s finally official—I’m old/21.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy belated birthday! Funny link! I love Seinfeld! Good to see you experiencing some southern culture! Can you believe I've been a southerner for 5 years???? Me neither!