Monday, October 02, 2006

NAH: Natalie and Hannah

This blog is moments away from shifting gears-- from idahoyandrea to englandrea. (that's a shift in spirit, not in physical location. keep your browsers set at idahoyandrea.blogspot.com). However, before going completely London on you all, I wanted to post a few pictures from this summer that I've been meaning to post for weeks.


Hannah with "hutch rabbit." Hannah and Natalie loved being characters from the Wallace and Gromit hit movie, "The Curse of the Were Rabbit." Hannah was Gromit, Natalie was Wallace, and, naturally, I was cast as the Were Rabbit. One week Natalie decided she wanted to be a rabbit like me, so she suddenly became Hutch Rabbit. Every time I'd slip and call her Natalie or even Wallace, she correct me..."no, Hutch. no, Natalie Hutch." Hannah too was adamant I call her the correct name for the day, which was much harder considering she switched between Wallace/Gromit and all of the Wiggles characters without explanation.


Natalie sporting her first ponytail ever. This summer I started fixing Natalie and Hannah's hair. It was mainly for fun, not an everyday thing. Natalie got such a kick out of her hair being fixed that anytime she realized I was doing her hair (I'd usually distract them with coloring/crafts, as to avoid wiggling), she'd say "look in the mirror! look in the mirror!" until I held her where she could see the mirror and giggle for the next five minutes. I usually don't encourage narcissism at such a young age, but it was too cute to resist.

Miss Natalie.

My favorite picture I've ever taken of Hannah and Natalie. The photo is darling, like them, and it describes personalities all too well. Plus, it makes one sweet desktop background.

On our way to the library. I interviewed Hannah right before this photo, using the video feature on my camera. It's great footage, wish I could put it here. It was raining, or DC misting, that day, so Natalie and her sunglasses were a hit on the street to say the least.

At one of our favorite playgrounds. Never could get enough of the seesaw.

Same playground. We went to four different playgrounds, but this one was possibly my favorite. It had great equipment...and lots of kids played there, so we met several great playmates.

No comments: