Monday, October 14, 2013

Blaylocks visit NYC

I haven't done a good job recently about blogging about an event right after it happens. Well, that's about to change.  Hot off the press: Seth, Sunny, and fam just left NYC this morning after visiting for the weekend.  It was great to see them again!  Jack-Jack enjoyed all of the attention, I loved catching up with Seth and Sunny, and Stella and Tiger were as cute as ever.

Sunny and Stella went to Matilda on Saturday afternoon while Tiger and Seth went to the dinosaur museum.  Their whole family went to Chelsea and the Highline park on Sunday morning.  We all enjoyed dinner at Tom's Diner (the Seinfeld café) Friday night.  I just realized that I didn't take a single photo of Seth and Sunny, but I took a lot of photos of S, T, and JJ.

This video (which is posting as a gif for some unknown reason) sums up everything you need to know about Stella and Jack-Jack.  She spoiled him all weekend and he was her live doll.



Sleepover cuddles:

Every morning Stella walked Jack-Jack with me.  On Saturday morning, Stella, Tiger, and I went on a leisurely walk through Riverside park filled with impromptu stops.  The following photos capture a bit of the fun.

 Playground stop 2/3
 
 Watching a Saturday morning soccer game.  Red vs. White team
 

 Playground stop 3/3
 
On Sunday evening, we had a picnic in Sheep Meadow (Central Park) with one of Sunny's high school friends who now lives in New York and is in my ward.  It was lovely. The six kids (from three families) played games, climbed trees, and chased "aliens."  Some guy was flying something that looked like a remote control UFO and the kids went wild chasing it around.
 

I'm afraid the sun is setting on warm days, nice weather, and picnics with friends.

No comments: