Sunday, January 27, 2013

Our Slice of the Apple

One of my favorite parts about New York thus far is our apartment and neighborhood (Upper West Side).  After five up and down days of apartment hunting in early December, we got extremely lucky on the last day and found an amazing apartment at a decent price (with no broker's fee - a rarity for NYC).  I feel blessed to have the perfect space in the perfect place (five blocks from campus in the Upper West Side).

The Bedroom:


 My prized possession (some stuff is worth more): a quilt the primary gave me on my last Sunday

 Blessed storage space



 The Front Room:
View from the bedroom

 View from the entry way

My second favorite part of the apartment: Jack-Jack's "bedroom" by the stairs

The Kitchen:



 My third favorite part of the apartment; I have no idea how we'd have pots/pans without this

The Entryway
 My fourth favorite part of the apartment: exposed brick wall
The Bathroom

Now for my favorite part of the apartment ::DRUM ROLL::

The Roof Terrace
The stairway in our main room leads directly up to our own private roof terrace.  How incredible is that?  We could only dream of having this in DC, so it's amazing that we have it in NYC.  We haven't really used it yet because it is FREEZING, but I cannot wait to get my green thumb/ BBQ side going this spring.




4 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Nice! Love your perspective on getting rid of stuff. I totally agree about your 6 month rule (mine's more like a year though so I can take into account holiday decorations). I'm sure I will be in complete and total shock whenever we move from this house at all the unnecessary junk we have. So glad you found a great apartment so close to campus. Love your space saving ideas (pots & pans hanger) and the terrace. I'll be excited to hear about your New York adventures!

Becky said...

So happy that you found a place that meets your needs so well. I love the quilt the primary made for you--precious.

Adrienne said...

This looks like a great apartment! I'm really hoping to visit while you live in NYC.

llcall said...

Oh crap, where's my guest room? I guess I will have to come when it's warm enough to sleep on the roof. But I would love to see that gorgeous quilt in person!