On July 1st, we celebrated Jack-Jack's 2nd birthday. We don't know his exact birthday, but the rescue organization told us he had a summer birthday. When we adopted him, we put July 1 down as his DOB on the paperwork, so we were legally obligated to celebrate his big day on Sunday. We had a small gathering and invited a few friends over, including his God(dog)parents and sponsors. Our friend's dad works for Purina and is kind enough to give us Purina coupons, hence the "sponsor" title. Our other friends have showered Jack-Jack with love since Day 1, so we joked that they were his God(dog)parents...and then it became kind of an official thing.
I never documented on my blog how anti-dog I used to be, but if I had, I would be linking to that now. Needless to say, I've had a complete change of heart and adore Jack-Jack. Ben, who has always been a proponent of getting a dog, knows that Jack-Jack is the perfect dog for us, even though he originally imagined getting a Pit Bull.
We both take way too many photos of our dog, but this seems like a perfect time to get away with posting a few. Without further ado, Jack-Jack's favorite things (in photos):
Eating, especially when he's allowed to indulge with a peanut butter birthday treat
Chasing squirrels
Playing fetch with his tennis ball or tug-o-war with his rope toys
Sleeping... sometimes up to 20 hours a day
Showing his crazy Chihuahua side
Sitting on the bed in the second bedroom. (as I type, Ben is sleeping in our room and Jack-Jack has been quietly sitting in "his" room for the past hour)
Finding and laying in even the smallest patch of sun





No comments:
Post a Comment