Ben and I spent five days at the end of August in Lake Powell with his parents and Prince Jeffrey. Ben went to LP almost every year growing up, and we had been planning the reunion tour for the past year. The timing worked out perfectly. We were both able to sneak away from work for nine days (we spent time with family/friends in Orem and Park City before and after our Lake Powell jaunt). Jeff was able to join us before heading back to school. We met up with Ben's older brother's family, who were in town after recently returning to the US. Most kids were back in school, so we had the lake almost all to ourselves. We had perfect weather, and I could not get enough of the August sun and dry heat.
I was blown away by the beauty of Lake Powell. No photo can do the place justice, but here's an attempt:
Pulling down the shorts / waterskiing. Can't do one without the other
We stopped at Bryce Canyon on the way down.
So many snacks, so little time.
Oh captain, our captain
My happy place. I wish summer would return.
Rainbow Bridge - the world's largest natural bridge
Vacation: a time to eat ice cream for breakfast AND lunch.
1 comment:
Looks like a lot of fun!!! I agree, I miss summer already!
Post a Comment