America turned 234 last weekend; I turned 24. Looks like I have some catching to do.
Ben and I celebrated both occasions with a five-day staycation in DC. Highlights: peach picking, bbq's, lunch with friends, streetball in our OKC jerseys, and the Toy Story 3 matinee.

Ben and I kicked off the weekend by picking peaches, blackberries, and blueberries at a farm in Maryland on Friday. One of the things I miss the most about Idaho is the fresh produce.

After eating a peach almost every other hour, I still hadn't made much of a dent in our supply by Saturday.

On Sunday I made peach and strawberry/blueberry pies for a bbq. Delicious. End of story.

Happy birthday, America! We had the best view from our roof. Not only could we see the mall fireworks, but all of DC was setting off thousands of dollars worth of fireworks. We stayed on our roof a full hour after the fireworks on the mall ended, and enjoyed our panoramic view of explosives.

Not sure why they didn't light fireworks on July 6th...

Playing basketball around the block at 8 AM on Tuesday? Kind of my dream.

Ben (aka #22 Jeff Green) planned the perfect day.
1 comment:
So glad that Bendrea is back to bloggin. I'm glad that you had a great b-day. Next year you'll be a quarter of century old--I know, that joke is as old as the hills. Anyhow, I'm glad that Urban Andrea still holds onto to some of those country bumpkin roots with picking peaches off the trees and turning them into fruit pies. They look super yummy!
Post a Comment