In the past four years, I’ve slowly made a remarkable realization. TV isn’t a waste of time. If done properly, it’s a piece of art, not to mention great entertainment. You can even learn things from TV shows! I still only watch a couple hours a week max and can’t handle over-committing to sitcoms, but this is a big step for me. I have 30 Rock to thank for this. I started watching the show while studying abroad in London. I didn’t watch the show the following year, but it has been a Thursday night tradition ever since Ben and I got married.
The FIFTH season of 30 Rock started last week. In honor of the season premiere (one week late) and the show’s main character, Liz Lemon, we had a lemon-themed dinner party last night followed by a viewing of the recorded season premiere and the second episode of the season. A few friends from work, all 30 Rock faithful, came over for the event. We ended the evening with lemon meringue pie for dessert:
The pie (and the entire evening) was a hit! Hopefully there are many more Liz Lemon theme parties to come.
2 comments:
Wow, you've really come a long way now that you're having parties that revolve around TV. I like having one show a week that I plan around. But the problem is, mine is Project Runway on Thursday nights as well.
Post a Comment