Monday, March 09, 2009

Due North

Last night I returned from an extended weekend jaunt to NYC and Connecticut. The main purpose of the trip was to visit the family I used to work for (they moved to CT last July). I also stopped by New York Wednesday night and then again Sunday afternoon to catch up with college friends. The trip was long overdue, but certainly worth the wait.

I had a lovely time in CT. The weekend was filled with princess parties, sleepovers, dress-ups, pedicures, and the like. Natalie, Hannah, and I also had fun in the snow while it lasted and then shifted to having fun in the sun when spring arrived on Saturday.

I spent Wednesday night with some friends in Brooklyn. It was fun to see a glimpse of Hipsterville while catching up with old friends and making new friends. I had about three hours in the city on my way out of town on Sunday. I met up with four of my best friends from Georgetown and we had the loveliest brunch in Chelsea at 202. The café was so London-esque and the lunch so leisurely. We chatted the afternoon away and before I knew it, I was rushing to catch my bus back to DC.

All in all, it was a fantastic trip. I declared NYC my soul city years back, and the city is even more enticing now that some of my closest friends live there. So, the goodbyes were bittersweet. That being said, it wasn’t that hard to leave knowing that I was coming home to this:


That’s right, I returned home to a mohawk. And not just any mohawk, but Ben’s mohawk. This should have been documented in a blog entry weeks/month ago, but I’m finally posting photo evidence of the ongoing hair experiment. Ever since I started cutting Ben’s hair last summer, we’ve gradually moved toward the mohawk. A new friend of Ben’s happens to cut hair for a living and generously offered to give him a full-fledged mohawk. (For the record, the first picture is of the last haircut I gave Ben and the second photo is the haircut his friend gave him). I rather like it.

While I was out of town, Ben, his Mohawk, and a friend took advantage of the suddenly pleasant East Coast weather and went camping and bike riding at the beach in Deleware. Fun was had by all.

3 comments:

llcall said...

are you freakin kidding me??? a new blog post. i must have some power over you, since i just asked you about it last night. :)

but it was worth to learn that ben has a mohawk...i guess now that the democrats are in power, anything goes with federal employees ;)

Sunny said...

I say when you've got it Ben, flaunt it (while you can).

Karen said...

Andrea, I'm so glad that you posted Ben's hair...I've been waiting. Ben, I like how gutsy you are. I dare you to sport your hairdo to the fam reunion!!?! JK, JK...But can you imagine how the Emmett folk would talk:)! Anyhow, I'm glad that you guys had a good weekend.