Breaking news...
OBAMA JUST CAME TO OUR NEIGHBORHOOD. As part of today's service tour, he helped paint the walls of a halfway house just blocks from our place. My coworker lives directly across the street and, through her, I caught word of his visit. Ben and I sprinted over just in time to see him emerge.
WE SAW OBAMA. It was incredible. He came out of the house across the street and everyone started jumping up and down and chanting "Yes We Can." We were probably 100 feet away. As soon as the jumping settled, I saw Obama waving to the crowd. He then hopped in his ride, as in the limo, and drove off with his motorcade.
If you aren't watching the news about the inauguration already, you really should. I've never seen anything like this. DC is out of control, and I'm loving it.
2 comments:
Need new blog post Mrs. Blaylock! I check every day and always get sad when I realize you haven't done it in a month and a half.
Done and done!
Post a Comment