Remember the kids from the Ron Clark Academy who remade T.I.'s hit single during election season? Yeah, they're staying with us....
Kind of a long story, but back in November I shared the video with a co-worker who's also from Hotlanta. Fast forward two and a half months. She saw the news that they were coming to DC to perform during the inauguration and sent an email last Tuesday offering to help out if they needed anything. They took her up on her Southern hospitality offer, and before we knew it, the two of us were scrambling to arrange accommodation for a third of their group.
We worked everything out, and Ben and I are currently hosting three students and a teacher. They arrived at 2 in the morning today and then had to leave for Good Morning America at 4:30 am. Ben and I woke up at 7 am to watch them on GMA...from our couch. Needless to say, their schedule is ridiculous. They performed at another concert today, and are performing at four inaugural balls over the next two days. Oh, the celebrity life.
The kids really are great and some of the best house guests we've ever had. Very clean, very personable, and very polite. Yes, mam. Plus, there is now only one degree of separation between me and Oprah, who loves them, and me and President Barack Obama.
3 comments:
That is awesome! Does this make me 2 degrees of separation from Oprah?!
Yes, I believe so!
best houseguests...what?!
i get how close you want to be to mr. obama but don't be hater on the great houseguests of days past.
Post a Comment