Blog videos and I do not get along. At least not on this blog. I've been trying to post a video for the past week and a half, but with no success. Suggestions welcome.
Midnight Madness took place a couple Fridays ago. Off. The. Hook. Last year Patrick Ewing made an appearance (his son is on the team), and I was kicking myself all the way from London for not being there. The good news: I can finally get over my '06 Madness absence since this year's star power was even greater. MM serves the purpose of introducing the team, kicking off practice, etc. etc...but every year it really just turns into a giant dance par-tay. Jerry Rice came to watch his daughter dance (she's a sophomore on our hip-hop dance team, Groove Theory) and PE Jr. ended up teaching him Crank That by Soulja Boy. As the CBS bball blog put it, "Now the greatest wide receiver in football history is dancing to Soulja Boy at half court with the son of one of the NBA's 50 greatest players. Need more proof Georgetown is back?"
Other news from MM: Greg Monroe, the number one recruit in the country, was in attendance. I was in the section next to his and noticed that, like everyone else in the gym, he seemed to be having a good time. Immediately after his visit, he committed to Georgetown. That's right, sportsfans. GREG MONROE. We may just win the National Championship every year for the next decade. I'm not even kidding. As long as we have JTIII, and the recruits keep pouring in, anything is possible.
Since I can't post my own videos from the event, check out this Duke fan's blog entry, where you can watch Jerry Rice, JTIII, and others break it down AND listen to a whiny Duke fan lament their loss/our gain.
2 comments:
It was so great to see you last weekend! Thanks for giving us the DC tour. I loved it! I also really enjoyed meeting Ben. In just the short time I was with him I can tell that he is a GREAT guy! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. ;D I'll post pictures of our trip on my blog pretty soon.
Oh, and I'm not sure I can help with the blog video thing, but you're welcome to ask me any questions you may have.
Post a Comment