Saturday, April 07, 2007

Kotor and Budva, Montenegro

From Dubrovnik, we took a day trip to the 192nd member state of the United Nations.
This photo makes me laugh every time. We were the only people under 65 on the day trip, and the only non-Brits. Our Croatian guides would randomly buy things from shops (bread, wine, fruit) and then ask "the children," aka American university students, to distribute the most recent purchase. To top things off, the UK's 75 year old version of Spielberg made sure to capture EVERY moment. It was such an amusing day, and from this point forward, I'm only travelling with retired British citizens.




2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Yeah, you're back...to internet access that is. I can't believe all that you've been able to see. That really is such an incredible experience for you. Wow! You're going to be bored out of your mind when you head back to the U.S. Did you say that finals time is your favorite time?! Are you crazy! :)

Andrea said...

I really do like finals time, and I take a lot of guff for this...but it's the only time that everything else ceases and all I have to do is study. Life just becomes easier.

I have a five step plan, which may or may not include a weekend trip to the Dakotas, that should hopefully help me avoid any form of boredom in America. I will certainly miss London and the rest of Europe, though!