I was tempted to post about Christmas today, but would be remiss to completely skip over one of Ben's favorite holidays: Halloween. We wore fewer costumes this year (i.e., only one), and didn't celebrate too much on the actual holiday due to Hurricane Sandy and an ear infection. However, the Saturday before Halloween was an all day event. I went to a primary event in the morning, Jack-Jack had a dog costume contest in the afternoon, and we co-hosted a Halloween party in the evening.
After much deliberation, we decided to dress up as Honey Boo Boo and her parents, Sugar Bear and Mama June. This was Ben's idea, and I had to be talked into it since I would be dressing up as the least flattering character possible. We met halfway on my costume. I made my own XL Pageant Mom t-shirt (crafty, eh?), but refused to wear the XXL bright pink pajama bottoms Ben picked up at the thrift store. Ben played his role quite well. A number of friends commented that Ben was a white trash natural. You can take the Blaylocks out of Mississippi, but you can't take the Mississippi out of the Blaylocks. Jack-Jack was a trooper, and surprisingly didn't mind his costume that much. He earned second place for "funniest costume" in the dog walk-off. We were proud of our princess.
The originals:
The impostors:







No comments:
Post a Comment