Over Columbus Day weekend Ben and I ventured four hours south to Hot Springs, VA. I've always liked the idea of taking a leaf peeping trip, and ended up getting my wish by chance. Fall hadn't hit DC yet, so we weren't expecting the South to be ahead of schedule. However, we were pleasantly surprised by changing colors and beautiful country side. The last 40 miles of the drive were along a road winding through the hills of yellow, orange, and red.
We went to Montreal at almost the exact same time of year last year. It looks like I never blogged about that trip, but we had a great time. It was our first taste of fall in 2011, and I'll always remember hiking through the leaves on Mount Royal. We've decided to make it an annual tradition to have a temporary change of scenery (i.e., quick getaway trip) when the colors begin to change.
Highlights from the trip include: a scenic drive to West Virginia, eating at Lindsey's Roost, the Hot Springs, soaking in the hot tub, playing billiards, afternoon tea time, and quality with my favorite person.
West Virginia
My dad taught me to love taking pictures of barns
One of many "themed" round hay bales in the county
Virginia is for lovers
Hooded hikers. Did I mention it was below 37 degrees and raining on Columbus Day?
The Homestead sweet home

2 comments:
I love you guys, but you don't exactly look like lovers in that hooded photo!
I haven't been on your blog for a while, but I loved the pics and comments about fall. I had to lol when I saw the picture and comment about the barn. Love you. Mom
Post a Comment