Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pancake Party

It has been a pancake party at the Blaylocks recently. Ben claims to not like traditional breakfast foods, so for the first 3.5 years of our marriage, I rarely made pancakes, waffles, french toast, etc. In the past couple of months, I discovered he will eat pancakes if I use them as a vehicle rather than a main course (coconut syrup also helps the pancakes go down). I'm a huge fan of weekend breakfast, so this makes me happy. My two favorite pancake recipes are posted below.

My kind of pancake.

Ben's kind of pancake.

Two weeks ago, I discovered the best pancake recipe ever. Seriously. Try this recipe. You will not regret it. I added frozen raspberries to the batter, which made them even better.

Our favorite toppings: lime curd, Canadian maple syrup, and coconut syrup (not pictured)

This morning we made carrot cake pancakes. Yummy and healthy (at least the two cups of carrots).

Sometimes we like to have thin pancakes, too.

If you're inspired to have your own pancake party, Nan Washington has even more tips for making it a hit:


1 comment:

llcall said...

I'm with Ben on not liking most typical breakfast foods -- and pancakes are my least favorite. But I will happily give you the opportunity to convert me the next time we're together ;)