Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hey, Chicago, what do you say

For the non-baseball fans, I should explain that the title of this post is a line from the "Go Cubs Go" fight song. I'm not a baseball fan, but know this because a co-worker sings this part of the song almost weekly as a tribute to his birthplace. I don't think I've met a Chicagoan who isn't crazy about their hometown. Seriously, their city pride rivals most Texans' state pride. I visited Chicago for the first time this week and was able to see firsthand why everyone is in love. It was a quick trip - I was there from Thursday morning to Friday night and worked most of the time - but my whirlwind trip to the windy city won me over.


Chicago, where New York meets midwestern charm and hospitality

My main regret was that I spent more time here than actually seeing the city. My other regret was that I never made it to the United Center to see the Jordan statue.

Giordanos Famous Chicago Style pizza - after one slice of stuffed pizza I was STUFFED.

The bean in Millenium Park

Reflecting...

No comments: