Friday, February 12, 2010

When life gives you snow...

Make:
Snow angels

Snowmen

Snowballs (for the fight)

Memories (on the hill)

Amusing signs (for the global warming protest)

Since my last post, Snowmaggedon has come and gone. Snowverkill also stopped by, dumping 10" more and bringing 50 mph winds to town. The Federal Government was closed for a week and the city practically shut down. I left the house a total of four times in five and a half days (Fri afternoon - Wednesday), but then got a healthy dose of sun/snow on Thursday. I worked from home for the week, which was awesome. When else can I stay up until 1 am watching basketball and then roll out of bed at 8:55 to take a 9 am conference call.

Sad day today. The Federal Government reopened and it was time to go back to the office, even though a lot of the DMV still looked like this:

Best. Winter. EVER

2 comments:

llcall said...

i love all the clever names d.c.ers are giving the snowstorms. it's almost as if that much snow has NEVER happened anywhere. EVER. which idahoyandrea knows is not true :)

Karen said...

Cool pics. I'm glad that you made the most of things.