For Christmas/New Years, Ben and I went home to Utah and Idaho, which I've been remiss in not blogging about. (More on that later... maybe). The untold story is we nearly didn't make it off the East Coast for this two week delight, thanks to Snowpocalypse. Yes, we have so many clever bloggers, tweeters, fbookers in DC that we name our storms.
This was our car post-Snowpocalypse:
Snowpocalypse 2009
We were supposed to fly to SLC the same day this picture was taken and, by some Amex miracle, we did with only a three hour delay. Only about 20% of the people trying to get out that weekend were as lucky.
Well, fast-forward 48 days later and DC is getting pummeled with its second huge blizzard. Keep in mind, DC gets about one major storm (12" +) every five years, let alone two big storms within the same year. And we've had tons of smaller storms (4-8") in between the blizzards. It's bizarre and history in the making.
Last night it felt like Christmas when I went to bed. The snow had started much earlier in the day, but I knew the best was to come. I was so curious as to what Santa/the weather gods would leave in the night!
This is what I woke up to:

Snowmageddon 2010
We can't even see our Priuses! Apparently, 1/3 of Snowmageddon is still to come, and we'll receive 5-8" more today. Our area has over a foot right now, but parts of Maryland/Virginia are already up to 30".
2 comments:
I was thinking of you today when I saw the news about DC snow. Hope that Snowmageddon 2010 isn't too bad. So glad you made it to Idaho and Utah for the holidays.
Craziness!...Will you be biking into work on Monday? jk, jk
Post a Comment