I've always had a love/hate relationship with fall. I hate that summer is over, but I do love the nostalgia, changing colors, and traditions that accompany the season. So far, I've been loving fall more than usual (except for days like yesterday when it was dark, rainy, and freezing). Here's a quick rundown of some of the Blaylock fall festivities:
We went to the Armenian Bazaar on Friday night. Ben and Malcolm (pictured below) loved eating their favorite foods and speaking Armenian to everyone at the festival. People were so charmed by them.

A few weeks earlier, we went to the Turkish festival. As always, my favorite part was the folk dancing (not pictured).

We accidentally bumped into Oktoberfest, which apparently takes place near our neighborhood, on a way home from a bike ride at the beginning of the month. I loved watching these female hippy drummers, or whatever they are. Not very German, but it works.

We biked the Mount Vernon trail the last week of September with a group from my work. Everyone who went was a pretty serious biker (expensive road bikes, spandex, the usual), minus us and a few others. We had a great time and, as you can see, it's a very scenic trail.

Ben has been experimenting off and on with a beard. My vote is for the beard.

Next up on the fall activities list: apple picking, leef peeping, and Halloween!
4 comments:
I totally have the same sentiments about fall. I'm always in denial a little while that summer is over and then i finally decide that it is OKAY that fall is here. Looks like you guys have done some fun stuff. The beard does look good on Ben. Eric wants to grow one again for the winter, but I have to admit that I think the kissability factor goes down when the scruff comes up. I even threatened to get the "European haircut" if he grew out a beard. He despises full fledge bangs on me...we shall see...chuckle, chuckle.
what in the world is leef peeping?! Do tell before I get strange visions in my head!
Oh, and also, when do you guys sleep?
Post a Comment