Michael Beasley (from PG County just outside of DC, plays for the Miami Heat) played one night last week, and Jeff Green (the Georgetown Final Four star of this decade, plays for the OKC Thunder) played both days last weekend. So, heading into the night, I was hoping for a little star power, but really I just wanted to evaluate the current Georgetown players.
Little did I know the NBA's next big thing would be making his first Kenner League appearence during my first Kenner League experience....
KEVIN DURANT (also from PG County)That's right, I sat literally 10 feet away (second row) from KD35 and watched him throw down dunks off the backboard (that was a crowd pleaser!), drain 3's from waaaaay downtown, and hit incredible 18 foot bank shots from the wing. It's unreal how good he is, and the kid is only 20 years old. He's the same height as Georgetown's starting PF and an inch shorter than our Center, yet he's a shooting guard/small forward. Talk about nightmare matchup. He will be on the LeBron, D-Wade, Kobe level within the next two-three years, guaranteed.
It was fun watching one of the NBA greats that up close and personal, but to add to the excitement, Durant really is one of my favorite players in the league. I've always loved Jeff Green and started following the Sonics/Thunder when he and Durant joined the team two years ago. The team now has such a promising young nucleus; I can't wait to see how things play out.
And to any Blazers fans out there, my condolenses. Durant would've been a nice 3 to your Brandan Roy 2.
It was fun watching one of the NBA greats that up close and personal, but to add to the excitement, Durant really is one of my favorite players in the league. I've always loved Jeff Green and started following the Sonics/Thunder when he and Durant joined the team two years ago. The team now has such a promising young nucleus; I can't wait to see how things play out.
And to any Blazers fans out there, my condolenses. Durant would've been a nice 3 to your Brandan Roy 2.

No comments:
Post a Comment