I spent the last week in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for work. I had never been to Tejas, aside from flying through the Houston airport, and am happy to report that I can now check that off my life list of things to do. As advertised, Texas is a great state... but I'm not yet convinced the state is great enough to secede from the union. The highlight of the trip, besides spending plenty of time with the client, was trying calf fries... aka rocky mountain oysters. We were talking to the waitress about the menu, and once we figured out what calf fries really are, I talked a couple team members into the challenge. In case you're wondering, calf fries taste like chicken + a slight mysterious after taste. :) The runner up highlight of the trip was driving by the old Dallas Cowboys stadium. We wanted to sneak in a Rangers game (the Red Sox were in town!), but were short on time the entire week
I haven't gotten any pics of the trip from co-workers yet, but I'm including a photo of the Fort Worth Stockyards. It's a historic district in town with western style saloon buildings where they have cattle drives every day at noon and 4 p.m. We stayed in this part of town, but unfortunately were never around for the cattle show.

1 comment:
sounds like texas taught you a lesson: don't mess with it. i also snuck a trip to the cowboys stadium when i was there for business a few years ago. great minds think alike :)
Post a Comment