As of tomorrow, summer is officially over in my book. Even though you may not guess this from recent blog posts (or lack thereof), it has been quite an eventful summer. Here's the condensed rundown of events.

I graduated. Ben graduated...

We got married in SLC...

We went to Thailand...

The Frank family moved to Connecticut (Natalie's reaction to goodbyes - "Oh no!")...

The
Blaylocks packed their bags and headed to the Philippines...

Ben and I started new jobs/launched careers...

We moved into our condo...
While that sums up the main events of summer, I should mention a few other noteworthy experiences.

We met Spike, a Top Chef contestant who recently opened Good Stuff Eatery in DC...

I cut Ben's hair for the first time two weeks ago (see photo) and again today...

Someone broke into our car...

Our favorite friends stopped by; some house guests even cooked for us...

However, I usually was the one putting the kitchen/cookbooks to use for Ben and our house guests ...

Last but not least, I lacked a consistent internet connection to call my own from May 17 - circa August 17.
And that's about it. Now that the internet is on my side again and things have settled down, I plan to be a more active participant in the blogosphere. Until next time...
4 comments:
Andrea and Ben,
Welcome back to the world of blogging!! Congrats on a very successful summer. We LOVED the wedding and reception. Funny, I actually watched a few episodes of the Top Chef show you referred to and remember this dude. He struck me as kind of a punk. Also, sorry to hear about the car. Hopefully, not too much damage was done. Good luck with the new jobs and new house!
-Tom
Glad to have you back.
Looking forward to your next post.
Hooray! So glad someone in the Blaylock v 3.0 family will keep up the blog. We miss you guys.
i haven't been able to check the blogs lately, but imagine my delight now that i have an internet connection again! i'm featured on the blogosphere!
your cooking was superb...i still dream about that breakfast burrito you made, but i can't remember what you put in it to make it so yummy.
Post a Comment