Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for and, chances are, if you're reading this, I am thankful for YOU!

My Thanksgiving celebrations kicked off Monday with Georgetown's Interfaith Thanksgiving Prayer Service in Riggs Library. Eight different religious groups participated, and the LDSSA performed "For the Beauty of the Earth." It went well.

I celebrated today with my friend Caroline, her family, and a couple other friends. Caroline's parents took us to The Mayflower. Admittedly, I used to laugh at the thought of going to a restaurant for Thanksgiving instead of enjoying a homecooked meal. However, after my experience today, I'm a believer. It was quite the fancy feast.

After the Interfaith Prayer Service. L to R: Father Godfrey, me, Wilson, Emily, Stephen, Courtney, Rob, Brother Rowberry

Thanksgiving Dinner! L to R: Taylor, Annie, Caroline, Mark, Sister Smith, Brother Smith, me

Taylor and Turkey

I had turkey, too

The Smiths

Leaving The Mayflower. That's right, THE Mayflower.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Looks like quite the feast. Hope your finals go well these next few weeks before Christmas.