Sunday, January 01, 2012

Tis the Season

...to celebrate Christmas and ring in the new year. Ben and I stayed in DC for the holidays and enjoyed a low-key, relaxing December. It felt like we moved to California this past month, but really California's weather had just moved to us. It was sunny almost every day the past couple of weeks and hit 60 degrees several times. I now understand why people move to the Mediterranean.

Christmas Low Point:

Going to the Pentagon city mall on the Friday afternoon before Christmas. Bad decision. If only I had taken a picture of the parking lot mess.

Christmas Highlights:

Adopting a dog! (more on that later)

Attending our fair share of holidays parties. Photo booth from the annual G Street party is above.

Making Christmas fondue at home

Eating our fair share of treats

After a great Christmas holiday, Ben was feeling so alive that he wanted to spice up the new year. I would've been content to stay home and watch basketball and the ball drop on New Years Eve. Instead we went salsa dancing.

Happy 2012!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Happy New Year! I love that you went salsa dancing! So cool!

llcall said...

Salsa dancing, eh? I thought the twist was going to be that you decided to make a quick trip to a different country ;) But i guess a club where you salsa dance could be a little like that... Happy New Year!