Sunday, February 13, 2011

Capital Sports Scene

Ben and I attended our first ever NHL game on Saturday. DC has a huge hockey following, partially because the Capitals are the only team in town worth watching right now. Even though I'm a diehard NBA fan who views hockey highlights as an unnecessary interruption during Sports Center, I've been meaning to attend a Caps game for a while. The Caps ended up losing 1-4 to the LA Kings, yet our group had a great time.

We went to the game with Ben's co-worker and wife, whose dad's company had the ticket hookup.


We had awesome seats - 2nd row, directly behind LA's bench.

Five-year olds provided the entertainment during the first break. Watching Mites on Ice was nearly as fun as watching the pros.

They interviewed the player who scored the game ending goal. Lady: "Who's your favorite player?" Kid: "OVECHKIN!!!" DC trains its fans well.

1 comment:

llcall said...

I have no patience for hockey on television, but I love it in person. So much energy, so fast-paced, just the right temperature :)