At the wine festival by all the food stands. I had a serious language barrier with the lady at the crepe stand. I kept pointing to the walnut crepes, holding up one finger, and saying "one." She kept holding up two fingers and saying "two" in Slovak, I assume. After about five rounds of this, I caved and just took two. There is a definite contrast between Bratislava as shown in photos on websites encouraging tourism and the actual Bratislava.
(the view from the Castle)I'd seen photos similar to this online plenty of times, except photoshopped....
The bus we took back to the airport. I actually wanted to take a picture while on the bus, but obviously didn't. Oddly enough, one of my favorite parts of the trip was riding the bus. It was much more real than strolling through the touristy, perfectly kept parts of the city.





No comments:
Post a Comment