Saturday, April 22, 2006

VBV: Venice Beach Visit

For those of you who don't know, I ventured to LA (well, Venice Beach) for my Easter Break last week. I spent a relaxing five days visiting the family I first babysat for in DC my freshman year. We went to the beach and playground several times while squeezing in a few Easter egg hunts on the side. We also went to Malibu one day, and I visited Aunt Tammy in "The OC" when I went to church with her Easter Sunday. It was a terrific trip, and I've been missing the family and California ever since I returned to Georgetown.

Now, for the good part, a few photos:

Hannah and I gathering water for "boiling the spaghetti" and also for our canal system constructed in the sand.

Hannah, Rafi, me. Included the photo mainly so you could all have pity for Californian children. Look at these playgrounds! Surrounded by palm trees, sand, and the beach. Poor kids!

Hannah (3 years) and Rafi (6 months)

Same kids, different photo...

Me with Rafi at a cafe near the beach...

In conclusion, I should reassure you all that despite my immense enjoyment of the trip, I am not transferring to UCLA, nor will I likely settle in LA . I really liked SoCal, but decided I am more the DC/NYC urban type. There's just something exciting about crammed metro trains (as opposed to freeways) and tall buildings packed together.

No comments: